European fans of TomTom’s Rider motorcycle GPS will be pleased that the company has announced an updated TomTom Rider 2nd Edition, hitting European shelves in early May.Â With some new features such as TomTom MapShare, preloaded TeleAtlas maps of both Western and Eastern Europe, and the Help Me! safety menu.
Two versions will be available, a Â£349.99 UK/Ireland update and a Â£399.99 Europe update, both with more advanced stats features such as average/maximum speeds, total distance traveled and distance from home.
Current owners of TomTom’s Rider 1st and 2nd editions can receive an automatic update from TomTom’s website.Â Check out a full list of specs after the jump…
* TomTom Map Share technology that enables users to make corrections to their own maps instantly and to benefit from improvements made by other users, completely free of charge
* Latest map guarantee so users always have free access to the latest map available at time of purchase (if a new map is released within 30 days from the time they start using their device)
* Extensive safety features, including the “Help Me” menu that gives drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance
* Trip statistics so users can keep all the details from their trip on their device
* Itinerary planning and sharing to help users create and manage POI sets and itineraries
* TomTom Traffic, a subscription option for users to receive traffic updates through a GPRS connection on their mobile phone. A free 30-day trial is available.
* Rugged “RAM” mount that fits on virtually all motorcycles, is easy to mount, and can withstand rigorous vibration conditions common to biking
* High-quality Cardo scala-rider Bluetooth headset for in-helmet spoken instructions. This advanced headset fits open and closed helmets, and has exceptional noise cancellation performance to ensure that bikers can hear directions and phone calls with unparalleled clarity
* Waterproof (IPX-7 standards) to protect device from rain and other bad weather conditions
* Car kit accessory option with separate mount and built-in speaker for car usage
* Rugged and secure bike dock for single-handed mounting
* Enhanced quality voice instructions
* Bluetooth for hands-free calling and information exchange between TomTom RIDER users